December 4, 2007





Trimming the Tree

I just love Christmas time! I also enjoy all the little family traditions we've picked up over the past 8 years. One of these traditions is decorating our christmas tree together. Whenever it's time to decorate the tree, I make sure to pick up some eggnog at the store. Then we get all the ornaments and tree trimmings out, and we blast the christmas music, sip our eggnog, and start trimming the tree. This year the kids helped me assemble the tree. It's not an easy task, so I was grateful to have their help and enthusiasm while putting it up. Later on when Dave was home from work we all decorated it together. Since it snowed this week, it was the perfect backdrop for our christmas decorating!! And when all the decorating is finished, we take a picture in front of the tree. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.





4 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun of you to start that tradition! I can just picture the picture-perfect scene of you all working on your tree and sipping your hot chocolate. Good memories for sure!!

Heidi said...

ooops...I mean sipping your eggnog!!! =)

Scott & Tami said...

It's great to be in touch. You have a sweet family. 3 kids is great. It was hard at first, but after 5 weeks, I got into a routine...sorta...and the kids got use to Dallin and knew he was going to be around for a while. Are you up for #3? It's great to have your blog to check out...keep in touch. Ya, Ricks...I love those days.
Tami

Heidi Kjar said...

Were those pictures staged for the blog story??:) jk (I do that too) Anyways,So cute!I really like your family picture, it is way cute.