December 11, 2008

My Thoughts

Okay, so I've been playing with my blog layout and putting new little widgets and pictures and things on here, but for some reason I find that so much easier to do than writing down my thoughts on an actual post. I have to admit that I've had mixed feelings about spilling my guts on my blog for all the world to see (who am I kidding, probably more like 10 people). I do not want to be one of those people who shares everything on their blog without hesitation. I guess I'm more private than that. And I don't want to brag about my life and my kids and everything all the time. So what I'm trying to say is, I know this is my own blog and I should be able to write whatever I want, but at the same time I know other people are reading this and I can't just share my whole life on here, especially when my blog is not private. So that's what I struggle with. What to share and what not to share. I want my blog to be an online journal of my thoughts and record of events so that I can print it off later on and keep it. I haven't really been good at keeping a journal lately either. I feel bad for little Michael because I want to write down thoughts on this time in my life with a 3 month old and two other little kids. I know I'm gonna want to read about this time later on. But it seems like since I've had Michael someone pushed the fast forward button on my life and there are just so many things I want to do with my time, but I never get it all done. I want to be better at time management. I really have a problem with that. Example, it's almost noon today and I'm still in my PJ's and I haven't done anything except nurse Michael (twice), fed my kids breakfast, and somehow forgot to feed myself, and basically have spent the rest of my time playing with this blog. Selecting new music takes longer than I thought. See, so how did the whole morning disappear and this is all I have accomplished?? I really should eat something then go get in the shower and try to be more productive with my day. Ie: clean my house, take my shower, make my christmas cards, etc. but for some reason I'd rather sit here and play with my blog and write about it!
Well, I don't know if this is making any sense, but it may explain why I haven't been doing much blogging lately (except change the background and post silly elf yourself stuff of course). I just can't decide what I want the purpose of my blog to be. Is it for me just to use as an online journal, or is it for family & friends (and those mysterious blog surfers who may stumble upon my blog) or can it be both of those things? How much info is too much info? My husband would say that it should be private and that I shouldn't share much personal info at all, but I enjoy reading about other peoples thoughts, and I often learn stuff from reading them. So I'm going to attempt to make this a blog for myself, and if others enjoy it too, great. Now the question, should I go private so I don't have to worry about stalkers and my children's safety? I know some of you have had issues with this. But at the same time I like the fact that people can find me and read on here without having to log in and ask for my permission. Any thoughts here??
Now I'm done rambling. So if you have any opinions about the subject, please feel free to comment. And I'll get back to posting pictures and recording events soon. Just not now, I've got to start the productive part of my day now and close this computer. :)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

To each his own!
But for me...I use my blog as my journal...it is real me. I post positive, negative and information. I also want to print it out someday on Blurb and have a written journal with pics. My family away from me can stay caught up and see pics of the kids too. Ours is private...Kolby wouldn't let me do it otherwise and I also feel better sharing things that I wouldn't if it were public. You can have your email address out there so if someone stumbles upon your blog that knows you, they just email you and you can connect.
But like I said, to each his own. Do what you feel is right for you!

Colette said...

I admit there are days I have nothing to write about. My life can sure be mundane at times but, I like sharing it with others. I just write what I want to write and hope the 5 people who actually read it enjoy.

I know a cyber-stalker could find me through my non-private blog and kill me. I could die in a car crash on the way to the grocery store and that doesn't stop me from going there 6 times a week. Just my take on it.

Heidi Kjar said...

I know Stacie, I struggle with the same thing! And then one day I realized I am thinking about it all too much and just decided to put whatever....if I am feeling like I want to spill my guts that day then I do....or if I want to put tons of pictures up one day then I do....just depends on what I feel like doing that day. Like you said- in the end it is your blog and you can do whatever you want to do with it!!

Good luck;)- honestly when all is said and done I still wonder what to post sometimes and wonder if my posts are "too much" or "too braggy" or "too
negative"..etc..etc.etc So I really don't have an answer yet on this subject!!

Heidi Kjar said...

ps. but I will say it was fun to read a post where you did open up a little bit and share some of your thoughts and feelings! It does make you feel vulnerable, but I think other people really appreciate it?

Ambrea said...

It's your blog you can post whatever you feel like! I'm leaning towards you going private though! Especially if you are using your kids names, and pics, and everything...not to mention Dave's clients could google him and probably find it and personally I just wouldn't want Randal's clients knowing everything about our fam and personal life...

So about the tutu. Can you measure Kera's waist for me and how long do you want it to come down? Let me know ASAP...I have to cut it before I leave for UT in a few days. You might have already told me, but I can't remember. Sorry! Can't wait to meet little Michael!