Square Foot Gardening
Dave and I have started our first garden here in Utah. Dave gets most of the credit since it was his idea, and he did all the research about square foot gardening. But I get a portion of the credit for helping to make the box, dig the dirt and plant seeds. This year we're starting out small by doing two 4x4 salad gardens. We planted four kinds of lettuce, radishes, beets, swiss chard, bush beans, chives, parsley, onions, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers. We've already harvested some of the lettuce and radishes. It's so nice to walk out to our backyard when we went to eat a salad and it's all there ready for us. Next year we may add a few more boxes to our collection. Wish us luck!
Dave and I have started our first garden here in Utah. Dave gets most of the credit since it was his idea, and he did all the research about square foot gardening. But I get a portion of the credit for helping to make the box, dig the dirt and plant seeds. This year we're starting out small by doing two 4x4 salad gardens. We planted four kinds of lettuce, radishes, beets, swiss chard, bush beans, chives, parsley, onions, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers. We've already harvested some of the lettuce and radishes. It's so nice to walk out to our backyard when we went to eat a salad and it's all there ready for us. Next year we may add a few more boxes to our collection. Wish us luck!










3 comments:
I'm totally impressed.
Looks awesome! Way to go! It is so rewarding when you can almost make a whole dinner from your garden.
What a cute little garden! I love it and can't wait to see what you produce!!
Post a Comment