Third Child Syndrome
I have to write a new post, it doesn't matter what it's about. I'm just tired of coming to my blog page and seeing Halloween 2009 when it's almost December. I'm also feeling very guilty right now because I have been horrible with recording events for the past year or so. Unfortunately for Michael this hiatus from journaling or blogging frequently just so happens to be his first year of life. I keep telling myself that I need to buy a baby book for him but I just haven't gotten around to it. In my craftier moments I've thought about making my own baby book for him, but at this point I just need get something and start recording this kids major milestones. I know that the longer I wait the harder it will be to come up with all the things he's done this past year. When he rolled over, first smile, laugh, first words, etc. I just know when he's older he'll look at Jacob and Kera's baby books and say, "Mom, where's my baby book? Why were you such a slacker with me and Jacob has his own baby book and photo album dedicated to him?" I'll just tell him that he was baby #3 and not 1. But of course that won't be a good enough excuse. So I just better get crackin.
Of course that leads into my newest problem...I'm a bit busier these days as I was called in October to be our ward Primary President. I was previously serving as 1st counselor in our primary, so not too unfamiliar territory, but being the president brings more responsibility. And of course it helps to be organized and have good time management skills, which I have mentioned before I am lacking. But it's all good. This is about my posterity and that is what's most important here. So I am now making it a priority to go out and find a baby book for Michael so I can ease my guilty conscience. I am also going to set a goal to get back in the habit of keeping a weekly journal.
So that's it. I hope that at least by vocalizing this guilty confession, I will take steps to remedy this problem of mine and go out and get a baby book finally. Seeing his cute picture above you'll have to agree, this sweet baby boy is too precious to overlook!









1 comment:
You're a natural with this Primary President thing. I wouldn't want to work under anyone less worthy!
Post a Comment