Halloween 2009
Halloween this year was kind of crazy because I came down with strep throat the morning of halloween. I was starting to get a sore throat the night before, but when I woke up saturday morning I could barely swallow. My throat hurt worse than ever before. I thought could this possibly be strep throat? I don't remember ever having it before. Jacob and Kera both got it a few weeks earlier, but I must have picked it up somewhere. So after not being able to swallow that morning, I decided to go to urgent care and see a doctor. I felt horrible! I took a strep test and it came back positive. Then he gave me the option of getting an antibiotic shot or taking the oral meds for 10 days. Shot please! Even though they had to give me a shot in the butt and my butt was sore for a few days, I'm glad I got it because I felt much better within 24 hours.
After I came back from the doctor I went upstairs to lay down. I was so tired! I slept for a few hours, then got up and ate and slept some more. Kera was so excited for me to take her trick-0r-treating. When I told her earlier I was sick she said, can you still go trick or treating? How could I not? So after sleeping all day, I got up and got dressed, helped the kids get in their costumes and painted their faces, then I took them down one street trick or treating. I pushed Michael in the stroller and Kera said she would bring his pumpkin bucket and the get candy for him. And she did. She took it up and down the street and filled his bucket and hers with a good amount of candy. What a thoughtful big sister. Better than me carrying him from house to house holding his bucket! I might've needed it for a puke bucket after that! I brought the kids back after about 30 minutes and Dave took them out the rest of the time. Michael and I stayed home and rested. I did drive Jacob and Kera to their teachers house so they could both trick-or-treat to their school teachers. After that I was exhausted. The kids got ready for bed and we called it a night!
By Sunday afternoon I was feeling much better and even had the energy to make dinner. I definitely recommend the antibiotic shot and getting it right away to anyone who's unfortunate enough to come down with strep throat.
And that folks, was our halloween 2009.
If you can't tell by the pictures, Jacob was a skeleton, Kera was a kitty, and Michael was a dog.
Your Top Five Decorating Dilemmas SOLVED!
1 week ago


















2 comments:
Cutest little costumes! Michael is a little cutie pie in his doggie outfit...especially with his cute little face all painted! sorry you got sick. we have been sick with all sorts of different things over the past month!! one after the next! gggrrrrrr! looks like you had a fun halloween though.:)
Cute pics. Glad you are feeling better.
Post a Comment