My latest Hobby
Hairbows!! I guess it's not really a hobby, since I've only spent one day making them. My friend and fellow carpool mom, Heather, was telling me about a lady who's daughter is in the same gymnastics class as hers. The little girl is always coming in with the cutest hairbows. Heather asked her about them and the lady makes her own hairbows. She says she gets asked about them all the time. I know this is a really popular thing for mom's of little girls, especially in Texas where the bigger the better, and I have a few friends who make hairbows and sell them. I just gave it a try last Friday, and it's actually kind of fun. Heather and I spent all afternoon making some bows for our girls. These are all the bows that I did. One thing I need to be careful of is that, like scrapbooking, it's often more fun to buy all the ribbons and accessories, than it is to actually sit down and make them. I will try to be diligent though and use the ribbons and things that I've already bought first, then buy more later as a reward. Although trying and doing are two different things. :)


My hairbow model smiling for the picture. This was taken before we left for a Christmas party last Saturday. All dressed up and ready to go with her new bows.










6 comments:
I am a bow lover! I tried making some once but mine never turned out that cute. I stuck to flower bows-taking fake flowers and putting rhinestones in the middle-that was easier for me! I love the ones you made, any tips for me? I don't know if you have a good place to store all your new bows now but I hung a curtain rod along one of Kali's walls and I have ribbon hanging down and then I clip the bows on-needless to say this girl has ALOT of bows! Good luck!
So cute!! Can I put an order in?? =)
These are so cute Staci. My sister gina is a bow maker too so I'll have to show her these pics. I posted some pics of our ice skating night on my blog:). You'll have to check them out, that was a fun night. Talk 2 you soon!
Danielle-
If I can make bows, anyone can. It's a matter of learning the best and easiest way to do it. My friend showed me and after practicing a few times I got the hang of it. It's kinda hard to explain without showing you. I've heard of bow making classes that craft stores do sometimes. Next family gathering I can show ya!
Yeah, I'm gonna need a bigger place to hold all Kera's hair bows pretty soon! The curtain rod is a good idea.
Heidi (Kartchner)-
I can make some for you if you were really serious about ordering. Let me know!
Heidi (Kjar)-
I had fun on our ice skating double date too. I'm going to check out the pics on your blog right now.
Post a Comment