March 26, 2008







Easter Time

We had a good Easter weekend. I've never taken my kids to an Easter egg hunt before where other kids were out hunting eggs, we always just do one in our backyard, but this year I decided I'd take them to the one sponsered by Kaysville City. The hunt started at 10 a.m. sharp, and it said don't be late! So I made a special effort to get there on time (or so I thought). I thought by leaving at 9:45 we'd be alright, it was only at the park downtown, so we get to the stoplight right before the park, and traffic is backed up for a block or two. There were a ton of cars and as we get closer we see the huge amount of people out on the fields. Okay, so we weren't the only ones with this idea! Well I dropped Dave and the kids off at the front of the park and I went to find a parking spot. Luckily I saw one close by on the road. When I got to the field, I looked hard to spot Dave and the kids. They just barely made it there before the countdown, but unfortunately they were in the wrong age group. There were 3 age groups on 3 fields, and Dave picked the oldest age group (8 and up I think). They had two other groups (0-3) and (4-6) either of them would've been better. But they tried to race against the big kids, and ended up with no eggs! Dave actually lost Kera in the commotion, and she was by herself with big kids running all around her. I can just imagine her there screaming and crying. A couple kids were nice enough to help her and one actually gave her their big chocolate bunny. So the time was up and Dave and the kids came out. I couldn't even get in there to help them with all the people. So they came out and the kids were very upset. This didn't go as well as we hoped. But they gave everyone a stuffed animal on the way out, so Kera got a little stuffed lamb that she was happy about. While we were walking out a boy even gave Kera quite a few of his eggs out of his basket. So they had some candy by the end. And with our own hunt and the easter baskets the easter bunny brought them, they aren't hurting for candy by any means. We learned our lesson about getting there EARLY if we decide to go to this egg hunt again. (If the kids aren't scarred from it already).

So later on Saturday Dave's sister Carrie and her husband Travis came over. We had our yearly backyard egg hunt and we dyed some eggs, then had a BBQ. So most of our easter stuff was done on Saturday. on Sunday we just stayed home and relaxed from the day before.

Here are a few pictures from our backyard hunt and some on Easter Sunday. Hope you all had a great Easter this year!











4 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

Easter and Swimming looked like fun for the kids. Don't you love indoor pools for the winter time....I use to take the kids every Friday...until I had 3 kids....we'll have to get it going again. oh and in the summer we swim every day outside...they are water bugs!!

Heidi said...

Your kids look so cute all dressed up for Easter! Sorry about your catastrophic egg hunt but I am sure next year they won't even remember! How ya feeling by the way?? Are you past all the sickness??

Heidi Kjar said...

Hey Stace- Sundays are so boring now that we don't hang out with you guys. I can't wait to feel better! grrr So your easter pics are so cute! I love Kera's dress. Your story was sad about the easter egg hunt- I've heard those things aren't worth going to- if you go to my blog and go to Jason and Camille Wilcock- she has a funny story about an easter egg hunt- you have to read it! I bet you can relate?

Heidi Kjar said...

ps. the entry on her blog is called "am i overreacting?" it is a couple down from the top.