August 17, 2009

Bear Lake 2009
Last summer we went to Bear Lake with our friends Jeremy and Heidi. We had so much fun there and thought the lake was awesome. It's as close to a beach as you can get without actually visiting the coast. So this year we decided to continue with our July 24th tradition that was started last year and visit Bear Lake again. Jeremy and Heidi recently got a great deal on a ski boat, so we got to have lots of fun riding around on that. We did some tubing; Dave started us out, Jacob was brave enough to give it a try with dad, then Heidi and I took a turn together on the tube. Dave and I even did some kneeboarding later. I should say that Dave made the attempt, and I succeeded at getting up on the kneeboard. We didn't take any pictures as proof, but you'll have to take my word for it. The waves were really choppy, so it was extremely hard to stay holding on wihout severely tearing up my arms. But it was fun nonetheless. Hopefully we'll be invited back on the boat for some more fun times!! Thanks Jer and Heidi!


This stop at La Beau's is a must! Especially for their onion rings and raspberry shakes- yummy!

The color is very washed out, but this is a closeup of mom and daughter

I lost these sunglasses I had on shortly after this picture was taken. I jumped in the water with them on my head! They were my favorite glasses too.


Mikey on the "beach"



hanging on!




Mr. Cool


Dad and son havin fun!


Here's Dave giving Jacob some swimming lessons. Jacob really wanted dad to show him how to swim in the deep water. He did a pretty good job, although it wasn't too deep!






1 comment:

elisha said...

looks like fun. we're gonna have to go sometime