Waterskiiing anyone??
What better way to end the summer than with a little boating trip up to the lake? Our Bear Lake companions,Jeremy and Heidi, called to see if we wanted to go boating on Saturday. Of course! Can't turn down an offer like that. They recently got some new waterskiis and wanted to give them a try. So we took a trip up to East Canyon reservoir, which is up past Morgan, off of I-84 on the east side of the canyon on the way to Snowbird and other ski resorts. The drive there was really pretty. I think Morgan is a quant little town. Very nice open spaces out that way. The water was a bit frigid, but other than that it was a great day for skiing. Heidi went out first to show us how it was done, and then I tried second. I was able to get up the first time, but it took the third or fourth try until I really stayed up for awhile. I have only skied two other times in my life, and the last time was when I was about 16. So it was basically a new experience. I liked it a lot and want to do it again! After I got up, it was Dave's turn to go out. He was able to get up quickly too and his first time up he really ate it because right after he got up our driver Jeremy had to turn and Dave went directly over the wake. Yikes, that was unexpected I'm sure. But he tried once more and stayed up awhile. Then Jeremy was last, and being the driver, Heidi drove the boat for him for the first time. But he was able to stay up as long as the boat speed kept up. Dave drove it once for Jeremy too, and that wasn't much better! Poor boat driver, he had to suffer through the rookies at the wheel. We docked the boat after we all skied some, and the kids were able to swim a little. That didn't last too long since the water temp was not ideal. But we all had a great time and we're glad we got the invite for a day of fun on the boat. Thanks guys!









1 comment:
Isn't boating the best family outing....I think I may of convinced Scott of this....finally. I predict we have a boat in 3 years. Loved the photos.
Post a Comment