October 19, 2009

Girls Weekend
A couple of friends and I decided it would be fun to take a break and get away to Park City for a night. I found a great deal on a room at one of Park City's resorts, and we booked a one bedroom suite for the four of us, and one baby. Elisha, Christina, Jamie and I got packed up and drove up to Park City for a girls night out. We stopped for dinner at a place in Park City called Redstone Grill. The food was really yummy, and us girls had a nice time chatting away without having to be interrupted by whining kids or spilled drinks, food, etc. So nice.
Then we headed to our hotel and settled down for some more talking and relaxing. Christina brought a fun game to play. I don't remember the name, but you read questions and you have to write what your answers to the question read, then the reader guesses who said what. It was a good way to get to know each other a little better and find out some funny stuff.
After talking for quite awhile, we turned in about 1:30 a.m.
Then next morning we leisurely got ready, not too leisurely however because we found out check out was 10 a.m. Now that's an early check out on a Saturday morning! I guess those maids need extra time cleaning up those awesome rooms. In one picture you'll notice my friend Elisha modeling the jacuzzi tub with Jamie's baby Morgan. And by the way Morgan was a dream on the trip. She's only a few months old, so Jamie didn't want to leave her home with dad quite yet. But she hardly cried, and we all got to take turns holding her and spending time with a baby who was not our own. One other thing about the trip was that originally there were 6 of us girls who planned to go, but Elisha's sister Jessica couldn't come because they were getting their basement finished and ran into some last minute problems. Then our other friend Heather was planning to come, and the day of our trip her son and daughter got sick with strep throat and she couldn't leave them with their grandma as planned. Although we would've loved to have Jessica and Heather there, we made due with us four girls.
So we made it out of the hotel by 10:30ish and headed to the Park City outlets for some much needed kidless shopping. I spent way too much money on clothes for the whole family, but it's all good. I haven't had uninterrupted shopping time for quite awhile. So we shopped all day and stopped for a quick lunch at Ruby Tuesdays, then back to the outlets for more shopping. We left just in time to make it back for our husbands to attend the Priesthood session of general conference.
We had a really great time relaxing, talking and shopping together. We had so much fun we decided to make it an annual event. Thanks girls for a great weekend!





3 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

Looks like I missed out!! I bet you guys had a blast. The eating out without kids sounded way fun...and staying up late chatting!

Kathryn said...

Sounds like you all had a great time getting away. How great for you to have a night without being mommy and having some girl time!

elisha said...

Great description of our night away. It was so fun to do that. Thanks for making it happen