October 9, 2007

Why do we bother with make-up?
I just have to share what Kera said to me this morning. It was too cute. I was in my bedroom putting on my make-up when Kera walked in looking very upset and says "no mommy don't put on your make-up, I like your face to be clean!" Okay, I just had to laugh at that. Kera wasn't laughing though. She was serious. I said to her "you don't like it when mommy wears make-up, and she shook her head no. I then asked her if she thought I looked prettier with make-up on or without. And of course she said without. So really girls, why do we wear make-up anyway? We're just getting our faces "dirty"! So then after she puts up the big fuss about me wearing make-up, she climbs up on my lap and wants to put on make-up too. Go figure. I guess she realizes at a young age that make-up is a necessary evil.

5 comments:

emily said...

That's funny! I saw a shirt awhile ago that said, "Today is a total waste of makeup." I can't tell you how many days I've felt that way!

Heidi said...

I hate make-up...I don't know if my girls will ever get the chance to put on make-up with mommy. I guess I will just have to "play dress-up" every once in a while!! =)

Kim Simpson said...

I honestly don't feel like I have fully gotten ready if I don't put on makeup. Most days I go with out it and I don't get everything done that I need to. I am not sure why that is but it has to be some sort of coincedence right?

Heidi Kjar said...

I'm not so sure Kera would have
said the same thing if she saw me without makeup! Ha Count yourself
lucky!

Jenny said...

hi stacy that is so cute! kids say the sweetest things! I was so glad that you visited our blog. Its fun to see you,Dave, and your cute kids!