June 6, 2008

Jacob's officially a 1st grader

We had Jacob's kindergarten graduation last Thursday. He has moved up from the kindergartener stage and will be going into 1st grade in August. I can't believe how time flies! He will be going to real school now, all day long. It will be strange having him gone all day, but I know he is ready for it. I told him last week after he turned 6 that he can't grow up anymore. He needs to stay little. He thought that was funny that I wouldn't want him to grow up. But he's still my baby, my firstborn. I love this little guy, even if he does have to get older and move on to new things. It's all part of life I guess.






This video was so funny to me. I love watching him and all his classmates "rock out" to the song "Rockin Robin". His teacher's name is Mrs. Robbins, hence the reason for singing this song.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Rockin Robin...too cute!! A kindergarten graduation...pretty neat! Of course ours is 12 month so school isn't out until July 17th...yuck! But I am trying not to think about 1st grade...all day long....aaaahhhhh!!! Why are our babies growing up??