September 15, 2008

Friday is the big day!!
So I had my doctor appt. this morning. He told me that I was still dilated to a 2. He asked what my plans were and I decided to schedule an induction for this weekend. So friday morning, September 19th, is the day I'm scheduled to be induced. Unless of course I go into labor sometime before that. I wanted to have a plan though in case the baby doesn't come on his own. I do NOT want to go past my due date, which again is next Tuesday, the 23rd. So that is the plan. It will be nice to plan when I go into the hospital instead of rushing there in the middle of the night sometime, which could still happen I guess! I have been having some pretty strong contractions for the past week or more. Especially at night. They just aren't regular contractions. I know it would've been nice for my parents to see the baby before they left for Denmark, they flew out this morning, but I just felt I should wait until I was closer to my due date. They'll have to be satisfied with pictures and maybe some live video chats online.
Well that's my big news. Wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

Awesome! Good luck!!! I was wondering when it was going to happen!

emily said...

When I saw that you had a new post I thought for sure it was going to be pictures of your little guy! Too bad it didn't happen before your parents left, but I say good call on waiting a little bit longer. Well, I want to hear when everything happens, so please call me!:) Good luck and no passing out this time!

Tiffany said...

Your contractions don't have to be regular to go into the hospital. I had a contraction with Peyton that I couldnt stand up straight and couldnt talk or breath, but my contractions were 15 minutes apart at the least. Codey finally talked me into going to the hospital...which I drove myself to cause I figured they would sent me home because my contractions were never regular or less than 5 minutes. I got there and ended up staying because I was a 6 and my water was about to break any minute. So don't think that your contractions have to be 5 minutes or less.

Scott & Tami said...

You look gorgeous!! I can't believe you are having your baby already....man, time flies!!!! I can't wait to see photos. I love your hair too. Good luck, you will be in my prayers. I love you girl!!!

Heidi said...

Enjoy your last week before the big day!! Good luck with your labor...can't wait to see pics!!