September 8, 2008

Staci's Baby Shower

My family was nice enough to throw me a baby shower this past weekend. It turned out beautifully. Dave's sister Carrie did the decorations and my mom planned the food and the games. Cheri helped organize it and sent out all the invitations. I want to say thank you so much to the three of them and all of their hard work!! This was my first baby shower that I had here in Utah where a lot of my family were able to attend; since both Jacob and Kera were born in Texas. My good friend Heidi, who lives here in Kaysville, and who's baby is due 4 weeks after mine, came to the shower. Many of my aunts on my mom's side and my aunt Chris on my dad's side were there along with some of my cousins. It was a good turnout.
My parents are leaving for Denmark next Monday so we wanted to have the shower while they were up here. They went into the MTC today and will be there the rest of this week. My mom was saying how nice it would be for me to have the baby this week before they leave for Denmark. They leave the MTC friday and will spend the whole weekend at my grandparents. I wouldn't mind having the baby a little bit early either. It would be nice to be done! I thought about having the doctor induce me over the weekend, but I think I'm going to see if this baby will come on his own. At my doctor appt. today I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. So there is progression. We'll just have to see when the little guy wants to make his appearance!
Thanks to my cousin Emily who took all the pictures at my shower. Here are some of the ones she took.


Here I am hiding my big belly behind the flower arrangement. Carrie did a great job with the table. She let me keep the beautiful rose bouquet.


Here's Kera and my cousin Heidi's little girl Isabel. They're a month apart.


This group along the wall is (left-right):my mom, my sister-in-law Jennifer, my aunt Debbi, my aunt Christine, and her daughter Heidi

Here I am opening presents with my friend Heidi Kjar behind me

Here's my sister Cheri on the left and my sister-in-law Vermil on the right

Here's the party decorator-my sister-in-law Carrie


This is a game we played where you think of something that relates to my pregnancy and delivery for each candy bar name

This picture makes me laugh. This is my aunt Eilene and her two girls Terra (left) and Leesa (right). The funny part is how they're all posed the exact same way with the same head tilt and crossing their arms. Are they related or what?

Here's one of Kera being silly while she was helping me open my presents

This is my mom cutting the cheesecake

THE END!!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

That looked fun! I wish I could have come...I totally agree with letting the baby come on his own, it will be so much easier! Hang in there!

Kim Simpson said...

It is so fun to have showers where family can attend and they don't have to travel really far to go. I say you induce if you want my 2 cents. My induction with ashton was the best labor ever. The best part is that you can be done being pregnant too!

Heidi Kjar said...

The shower was way fun Staci! I'm glad I got to be there. Keep me posted on the progression of the labor!

Heidi said...

How fun that you got a baby shower! It is always nice to get a shower to refresh some of your stuff. I saw that you got a Bumbo...LOVE those things!!! I started putting Allie in hers when she was 2 months old. They also work in the tub before they can sit up by themselves. Wonderful invention.
And 70% effaced....girl you are READY!!! Your little man will be coming out anytime!! Keep us updated!! And good luck!
*Oh, and my 3rd I got induced 1 week early and it was BY FAR my best and easiest delivery!

Trotts said...

That is a pretty awesome picture, if I do say so myself.

Evelyn said...

It just seems that it was yesturday when we met at Charlene's house when you were pregnant with Kera. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun with your friends and family. Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was fun to see the pictures from the shower. We had such fun with all the family there. This makes good memories.