Lets make that Saturday...
So this morning I woke up early to call the hospital as instructed at 6:30 a.m. and they told me to call back again at 7 a.m. They were waiting to see if they could discharge some patients. So I call back at 7 and they told me to come in at 8:30 a.m. So I start getting ready and everything, then the hospital calls me back and asks if I can come in at 9:30 instead because they had a bunch of women come in who were in labor. Okay, so we get everything together and get Jacob to school and Kera to a neighbor, and head to the hospital. When we get there they tell me they have some bad news. They can't start me now because they don't have any rooms available in the postpartum area. They need to wait until after 1 pm when more beds become open. Okay, so we sit down and wait for the nurse to contact my doctor, and my doctor has plans to take his son to a scouting overnighter. So if they start me at 1, then the doctor won't be able to deliver the baby. SO...I have to come back tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. The nurse told me that when I come in tomorrow they will be sure to admit me. I'm counting on that because I really do NOT want to have to come in and be told to go home again. I won't leave! I'll just say I'm leaving when this baby is out! Anyway, I guess that is the downside to having a scheduled induction. You are definitely not their priority. I can understand it, but it still was a bit frustrating to say the least. Dave gets off work, the kids are both arranged babysitters, etc.
But tomorrow, September 20th, SHOULD be this baby's day of arrival. I will keep everyone updated and hopefully we'll have some better news after this weekend.
Love you all!
Your Top Five Decorating Dilemmas SOLVED!
1 week ago









4 comments:
How frustrating! I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I can't wait to see pictures of your son. Good luck and may it all go smoothily!
Good luck, I hope all goes well!
I'm so sorry! How frustrating!! I like Sept. 20th better anyway! =) Good luck!
Keep us posted on how the delivery went!! I'll pray for you today that it will all go well.
Post a Comment