Michael James has Arrived!!
Little Michael James was born on Saturday, September 20, 2008 weighing in at 7 lb. 15 oz. and was 21 inches long. I went in Saturday morning to be induced. They started me on Pitocin about 9:30 a.m., and eventually I was fully dilated and ready to push at about 4:30 p.m. My doctor came and and he said let's get this thing started. He could see that it wasn't going to take long to get him out. And it didn't! He told me to push and little Michael came right out. His little cry reminded me of Kera's little cries when she was born. He calmed down quickly and was awake and alert and looking around.
The doctor had to do a little stitching up because unfortunately I tore some. And let me tell you that is the worst part. The delivery was just fine, but now I'm having to deal with the after labor pains. So hopefully I can heal quickly. Michael is so cute and he is a great eater. I don't have to work very hard to get him to eat. Like most newborns he has been sleeping a lot. It's amazing how right after they come out and you hold them in your arms, you have this instant bond with them. All of the worries and fears you had about having another little one to care for just melt away because you are so happy to have him and to know that he's yours.
Our family is so happy to have his little spirit in our home. The kids are both very excited to be a big sister and brother. Kera wants to help care for him and she is always so good with him. Jacob loves to go right to him when he gets home from school and see what he's been up to all day while he's been gone at school. It's an adjustment having a newborn again to care for, but we are so happy that he's here and that he's healthy and perfect. Here are some pictures from the hospital.


Your Top Five Decorating Dilemmas SOLVED!
1 week ago














8 comments:
Congratulations! I forget how tiny new babies are. You look great!
Yea!!! COngrats on little Michael...if you're having having a day when you think you are in pain I can tell you my labor story with Dallin that will put you stitches to shame...I can so totally relate!!!
He is gorgeous Staci! I'm glad that you are adjusting well. The third child kind of throws things off balance! Good luck with the recovery! So not fun. I have had stitches everytime.
He is so adorable!! Congrats!! I am so happy he is finally here! I bet the kids are loving it! Sorry about the stitches...no fun! Good luck with #3! I thought 3 was easier than 2. What do you think so far??
Congrats - I am glad to hear that all is well. He is cute and the older siblings are just beaming with pride!!!
What a cutie!!! congratulations again. And big brother and big sister seem to be so happy with baby Michael.
Congrats! What a cute family. Think you're finished at 3 or go for 3 more?
Congrats on your new little man! I'm sure Kera is loving being a big sis! I hope you are getting some rest...and adjusting to baby life again!
Thanks for the baby gift, that was so sweet of you guys to think of us!
Post a Comment