October 13, 2008

Michael's Baby Blessing
We blessed little Michael in church yesterday. Normally we would've waited another month or so, but Dave's family were able to come visit this week, so we decided to bless him on Sunday. To those who are not familiar with baby blessings, it is basically a prayer that someone who holds the priesthood in our church performs. David gave Michael the blessing, and it was a simple yet very special blessing. Unfortunately the microphone was not working, so Dave had to do it without it. The bishop just told him to speak loud. I was able to hear it, but I'm sure those sitting in the back of the room weren't able to.
After sacrament meeting I invited everyone back to our house for a light breakfast. Most of my family were able to come to the blessing. The only ones we were missing were my parents of course who are on their mission in Denmark, and my brother Jeff and his family who live in Oregon. My grandparents came to the blessing which was nice. As I said earlier, Dave's parents flew in this week from Texas, along with his sister Jennifer. Jennifer's son Seth (who is living in Orem) and his sister Carrie were also there. Thanks to both of our families who were there to support us and Michael.
Now for the good part, the pictures....Now I've posted a lot of pictures and I know all of you may not want to see all of them, so just scroll through. But it's my blog and I can do what I want! :)


Our family of five

My sister-in-law Vermil, Cheri's stepson Zane, and Jacob playing Guitar Hero

Tommy, Troy, Cheri, and I eating some breakfast

Michael and his proud mommy and daddy


Me and the three loves of my life; Kera, Michael, and Jacob

Little Michael in his crib, isn't he adorable?



Here's one of Michael with a blanket that grandma Andrus crocheted when Jacob was a baby



Another cute one of Michael

Close up of Michael's face

Dave's mom, sister Carrie, and his dad


Dave's sister Jennifer, little Michael, and Jennifer's son Seth



Aunt Cheri holding Michael



Kera and her cousin Maya

Kera holding Michael and giving him kisses

More of Michael


Here's a shot of Michael's whole ensemble

8 comments:

emily said...

Okay, uh...I wish we could have been there but I didn't even know about it!:) Can you redo it so we can be there? I hope everything went well and that you had a wonderful day! I need to come up and give that cutie a big squeeze! Maybe we can come up one weekend and have a game night! You let us know when you're up for some visitors!

Scott & Tami said...

You have the cutest family!!! I love blessing days!!! Michael is so precious!

Ambrea said...

How cute! Isn't it so special to have your hubby bless your baby! We are so blessed to have the Gospel and be a family forever!

Wish we could have been there to celebrate!

Tiffany said...

Very cute!! Looks like you had a housefull! He is getting so big already! It's not fair how fast they outgrow that newborn look

Heidi said...

Another one that looks like you Stace!! He is adorable!! I love his little outfit! Cute cute family!!

Staci said...

Emily, so sorry! i posted an invitation to everyone on the family website with the date and time. i guess i could've called you guys, but i thought you'd see it on there! we would love for you guys to come up one night and see michael too. dave;s parents are here staying with us until saturday, but any weekend after that will be great!

Heidi Kjar said...

So cute! I loved looking through all of those pics, I could have looked at more- so you didn't post too many at all!

Evelyn said...

Little Micheal is so cute. It thinks he looks like big brother Jacob.