Jacob's 7th birthday party
For Jacob's birthday this year Dave came up with the idea of having a baseball party with all of his friends. Since most of his friends are playing baseball this year through the city rec, including Jacob, it would be right up their alley. So I went and bought some baseball decorations we had his party at the park with 10 of his friends. I even made an attempt at a baseball cap cake. I'm really bad at making home made cakes, but the kids love them and they don't care how lame they look. I do know that next year I'm going to make my cake from scratch because the past 3 years (you'd think I'd learn by now), I've used box cake mixes and they just don't work so well. I freeze them ahead of time, but they're still so moist and spongy that when I go to trim it and frost it, it's a big mess. So next year we're doing scratch cake and homemade frosting and I'll see if it makes a difference.
Jacob had a baseball pinata and they played baseball for about 10 minutes. It was a pretty hot day. Then we did cake and ice cream and had a baseball pinata. I was too busy making sure nobody got their heads bashed in with the baseball bat we were using to break the pinata to take pictures of it. And last was the present opening. It turned out to be a fun party. I love my little seven year old. Yes, SEVEN, I cannot believe it!










1 comment:
How are our boys 7 already??? It seems like just yesterday we snapped that pic of them sitting up next to each other...2 chubby little babies! Now they are all grown up!! Happy Bday Jacob!!
Post a Comment