July 6, 2008

Father and Son Campout

Two weekends ago Dave took Jacob camping for their own father and son campout. Last year our stake put one together that they went to, but this year they decided not to do one. Dave still wanted to take Jacob camping, so they packed up and went to Farmington Canyon to camp overnight. They had a lot of fun together. The fun part for me was watching them both get excited for their camping trip. The week before they made a list of all the things they needed to bring, and all week Jacob was asking me if I had gotten the certain food items at the store. It needed to be exactly what was on their list. He had some games set aside for the trip, and he made sure that nobody touched them because they were for the campout.
Kera was a little sad that she couldn't go camping with them, but that friday night I took her bowling. It was her first time trying to bowl, and once we got the ramp set up (for those who have bowled with kids know this is an essential tool), she was doing great. I didn't know about the ramp until about the 7th frame, so it was a pretty long game. A couple times the ball would stop in the middle of the lane, and the worker had to come retrieve it for us. But Kera had a great time. Halfway through the place got dark and they turned on the music. Is that called "galaxy bowling" or something? Kera really liked that part. She danced right along to the music. After bowling I took her to a restaurant for dinner. We also rented "27 dresses"and Kera watched it with me for about 10 minutes until she fell asleep.
So the weekend was a fun one. It's nice to spend some one on one time with our kids.

3 comments:

emily said...

I love being able to spend one on one time with the kids. Good for you for taking advantage of the night. It always makes for good memories!

Heidi said...

I love Father & Son campouts, especially now that I have a little girl to hang out with while the boys are away! I love 27 Dresses! Cute show.

Tiffany said...

What a fun idea. I can't wait until Codey and Nate can do their father/son campouts! Nate needs a couple more years on him though. But yes, good for you for taking advantage to do stuff with Kera!