August 3, 2008

Martina McBride
Dave and I had a fun weekend together. We were wanting to spend some time together before the baby comes next month (can't believe it's so soon), and we thought about going to Park City and staying overnight somewhere, but instead we decided a concert would be fun. So after looking at the concert schedules, we decided (okay I decided and Dave agreed) that this would be a good concert to go to. There were a few others he would've liked to see more, but this was one of the few concerts on the weekend. Once we got there, however, we saw that one of Dave's favorite singers, and I really like him too, Robert Earl Keane, is coming on the 27th with Dave Matthews Band. So we might be going to another one here soon.
This concert was a lot of fun. They started with a country singer named Chris Young. I'd never heard of him, but I guess he has a couple top 40 songs. Then Jack Ingram, also a bigger named country singer and who I believe won an award this year for one of his songs, played. Then of course the reason everyone came, Martina came out and put on a great show. The concert was at the USANA amphitheater in West Valley. This was my first time seeing a concert there. I really liked it because it was outside and the seats were all pretty close to the stage. We were able to score really good seats at the last minute too. Fourth row! All these pictures are taken from my seat. We had a fun time rockin out to Martina, and I even got Dave listening to her CD in the car the next day! Dave's sister Carrie and her husband watched the kids overnight for us, so we were able to go to Leatherby's afterwards, and we slept in the next day. It was nice being lazy all day and having the place to ourselves. So we could've stayed at a fancy hotel, but this was even better! At the bottom are a few of the songs she sang at the concert.
Up close shot of Martina

No this isn't me doing bunny ears to Dave. The person behind us thought they'd be funny and tried to mess up the picture. You can see the lady smiling about it behind us.



This is Jack Ingram getting deep with the lyrics

Woo hoo, girl power
Showing off her amazing vocal range
"Blessed"


"My Baby Loves Me"


"This one's For the Girls"


"Strangers"

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun!! I love Martina!! And that is nice that you got to have some time together before #3 arrives!!

Kim Simpson said...

All I can say is ENVIOUS!! I love martina. Good idea to get away before the baby gets here!