Just call him Coach Dave
Jacob signed up for kindergarten basketball this year through the Kaysville Park & Rec. Guess who signed up to be the coach...dad! Dave is experiencing his first time as the coach for one of Jacob's sports teams. He's really enjoying it so far. The had their first game on the 12th. It's very laid back, since they are only kindergarteners, and a lot of the kids have not played before. They don't keep score, and the only thing that the ref calls is out of bounds. So it makes for an interesting game. Jacob has a couple of wanna be pro basketball players on the team. One of the boys really got into it and kept reminding Dave that they were winning. Dave said they aren't keeping score. But the boy said, "I know, but we are winning, we've made the most baskets!" I guess that competitive spirit starts young. The season should prove to be a lot of fun, and I as the coach's wife get the responsibility of keeping the parents informed and making a treat sign-up list. All the important things to keep the team running smoothly. Here's a picture of Coach Dave with the team. The other guy is Nate, one of the boys dad's who volunteered to help Dave out.










1 comment:
Ohh that's cute Stacie. I think it's cool he's doing that. I bet it's fun to watch him coach and Jacob play at the same time.
Post a Comment