January 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Kera

My little Kera bera turned 3 today! Yes this is a busy birthday week for us. Kera's birthday is the day after Dave's. I can't believe how quickly these past three years have gone. I remember bringing her home from the hospital, and now already she is 3. Kera has become such a big girl. Gone is my little baby girl, and now she is ready to move on to preschool years. She has been interested in music and dancing lately. I'll have to remember to post a video of her dancing on here soon. This morning I came downstairs and she was doing one of her dances. She called it the "pajama dance". She names her dance according to what she has on at the time. We gave her a little music keyboard for christmas that plays all types of rhythms and tunes. She loves picking the music and making up her dances. She also loves her Princess ipod that aunt Carrie gave her for christmas. There's a book that goes along with it. Her favorite song is "Hippity Hoppity Boo". (Bippity Boppity Boo from Cinderella). She is such a girlie girl. She gets herself dressed almost everyday, and most of the time she picks out skirts (and tights in this cold weather). Kera is so much like me, it's really scary. We have been having control issues lately. When I get mad at her and start to raise my voice, she'll raise hers right back and say "Wait, I'm trying to tell you something", and throw a little fit when she doesn't think I'm listening to her or if I try to tell her to do something she doesn't want to do. She is very strong-willed, but is also such a love bug. She has a really playful spirit and she makes us all laugh. She has a smile that lights up the whole room. I love my little girl!! Happy Birthday to you!
She's having a princess birthday party this Saturday and I'll be sure to post some pics of the event.

Kera and mom at the hospital 3 years ago today

Kera in her Easter dress (3 months)



Kera's second easter (15 months)


Kera playing in the backyard (2 1/2)

Kera at dad's birthday yesterday (almost 3)

4 comments:

emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emily said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to delete my post...just trying to edit...anyway! Happy birthday, Kera! You are such a cute little girl! Your mom and dad are so lucky to have such a sweetheart!

Heidi said...

She is a little cutie! And why are you looking so good in that hospital picture?? I was a wreck! But you look all perfect sitting up in your silk jammies with your hair all perfect! You are too beautiful!!

Heidi and Rich said...

She is a cutie!!! By the way- cute new family photo!!