January 29, 2008

Kera Attempts to Become a Beautician
Here's what happened last Friday afternoon. Kera and I were laying in her bed listening to music, hoping that I could get her to take a short nap. Well instead I fell asleep. While I was sleeping, Kera went in my bathroom and got my hair scissors and decided that she would cut her hair. (Later when Dave asked her why she did it she said "because I wanted to be a ballerina".) I guess ballerina's have short hair or something? I really didn't notice it right away. She had her hair in a clip in the front. So later while I was on the computer and she was sitting on my lap, I took her clip out to fix it, and a bunch of hair came out with it. I was in shock! Then I took a closer look and noticed just how much hair she'd cut off. I told her to tell me where this happened and what she was thinking. So we went up to my bathroom and she showed me all the hair that she cut off. Luckily she was thoughtful enough to dispose of the hair in the toilet. She hadn't flushed it yet, and I could see a ton of hair in there! So my next step was to call the hair salon and get her an appointment for that night.
These are the before and after photos of Kera's experiment with being a beautician. I'm sure some of you have had kids do this before. I just didn't think Kera would attempt this so soon. She never played with the scissors or anything. Well, there's a first time for everything. Hopefully she learned her lesson and it will be the last time!



This is after soon after she cut it and we were taking pictures with the camera (I hadn't even noticed it yet)

Here she is after we took her to the hair salon-holding the tool she used to destroy her hair!

This is the worst part of her hair where she cut right to the scalp


Here's one of the new hairdo (from the professionals)

Another close up shot of Kera with her new hairdo

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Noooo! That is one of biggest fears-although in my nightmare I walk into one of the boys cutting off Kali's hair. Thankfully it hasn't happened yet. The new cut is pretty cute, all she needs is one of your famous hairbows!

Heidi said...

Oh how sad! I too fear that happening to me sometime in the future. Every girl does that, right?! Her new do is ADORABLE though!! I love little bobs on girls. She is so cute!
**I need to order some of those bows from you. Just trying to decide which ones I want!

Colette said...

She looks great with the new hairdo even if it didn't come about as you would have liked. Oh well, she is cute either way.

emily said...

Her new ballerina hair is so cute! I tell my girls at least once a month that if they cut any of their hair, I will cut it short like a boys and everyone will laugh at them. I know, I'm a mean mom, but I get so nervous that they will do that! Lucky for you, hers wasn't too disastrous!

Heidi Kjar said...

Just when you got all those cute bows made to put in her hair, she goes and cuts it!!! isn't is ironic? That cute little stink!:)